Monday, January 19, 2009

Food Poisoning

Apparently my problems on rounds on Wednesday and Thursday with feeling faint, dizzy, and nauseated were not entirely my own fault but the fault of a pathogen I ingested. On Thursday, after leaving the hospital about 1.5 hours into rounds I went home and had diarrhea, vomited, and laid in bed for twenty hours straight. I was really in dire straights - I was bloated, had stomach pain, shallow breathing, and was febrile. I thought it might be attributed to the bat cave I visited the weekend prior (and perhaps a bat bite that I didn't realize I had). I ended up keeping liquids down at after 7 pm that night and the next morning I felt a lot better besides having a very stiff neck from my unnecessarily large pillow. It was lucky I was better because this weekend we went to the Masai Mara!

No comments:

Post a Comment